Welcome to the
The UK’s trade association for collectors, sorters, processors and exporters of used clothing and textiles.
The main objectives of this Association are:
- to represent the interests of its members internationally, nationally and locally.
- to be a major force in creating a favourable climate within which merchants can operate to advantage.
- to strengthen the economic opportunities for all our members by promoting all forms of textile recycling and the second hand clothing/shoe recycling industry.
- to highlight the major environmental, social and economic benefits that the industry brings both here in the UK and in other parts of the world.
- to promote best practice in the industry.
Our members are collectors, graders and processors of used clothing, textiles and shoes and they operate throughout the United Kingdom. We welcome enquiries from anyone in the UK or abroad who may wish to join the association. To find out more about what we do click here. Further details regarding membership can be found here.
What happens to clothing collected for re-use and recycling?
To find out what happens to clothing and textiles that have been collected from charity shops, textiles banks and door to door collections click here.
TRA Code of Practice
The Textile Recycling Association Code of Practice is compulsory for all our members to uphold and it sets out the professional standards that we expect from our members. To view the Code of Practice click here.
Charity shop specifications
Charity Shop Grade Specifications – if you work in a charity shop and you want to ensure that your charity shop gets a competitive price for its used clothing read more about the charity shop grade specifications by clicking here
To view a list of TRA publications click here.