The Preamble to the Charitable Uses Act 1601
The following purposes have been found to be analogous to the purposes set out in the Preamble:
- The provision of public works and services;
- The provision of public amenities:
- The protection of life and property;
- The preservation of public order;
- The defence of the realm;
- The promotion of the sound development and administration of the law;
- The social relief, resettlement and rehabilitation of persons under a disability and deprivation;
- The promotion of certain patriotic purposes;
- The promotion of health and the relief of sick, ill and disabled people;
- The care, upbringing and establishment in life of children and young people;
- The training and retraining of and finding work opportunities for unemployed people.
Return to “What is a Charitable Purpose?” page.